Are you worried about their attachment to someone else? Here’s the solution
You think your baby loves someone more than they love you, whether it’s your sister, mother, or mother-in-law… They cry when they leave and say their name often, and this makes you worried. But think of it, can a baby really love someone else more than they love their own mother? Here are some answers.
Can a baby love someone more than they love their mother?
Questions and answers
Question 1: Can your baby recognize you from other people?
- Yes, they can recognize you clearly from their early days.
- Your belief that your baby loves someone else more than you, like their aunt or grandmother, comes from your fears. If they’re seeing your baby for more than 8 hours a day while you’re gone, remember that you carried them in your womb for 9 months. They know your smell, voice and the feel of your skin.
- She may love your baby and care for them, but rest assured that she will not replace you. You see in them all your dreams and future, and you think of them even when you’re away, and they feel this difference in your sentiments.
Question 2: Why do they cry when your sister or mother leave them?
- It’s normal if you notice they’re not responding to your call when you get home. This happens because your baby needs some time to move from the other person’s world to yours.
- It’s important that you give them the chance to adapt to your return.
- If they’re crying a lot after your return, don’t think they prefer to stay with their aunt or grandmother, they do this to vent their feelings and emotions that they held in all day. They can only do this with the one closest to them: you.
Question 3: Can another person know your baby’s true needs?
- Your mother may know, given her experience, how to deal with your baby. This will make them more comfortable in her presence.
- You can ask her questions to benefit from her experience; this will reflect positively on your relationship with your baby.
- Don’t forget that your confidence and ability to deal with your baby will develop gradually.
- Also keep in mind that they may seem attached to her because they don’t have to live with the strict rules you impose on them.
Question 4: Your baby loves their grandmother or aunt… Why you should be happy
- Rest assured that no one can take your place in your baby’s heart.
- In contrast, keep in mind that their attachment to your relative is useful; as they need emotional stability to grow healthy on a psychological level. You also need the presence of someone you trust to ask them to take care of your little one when necessary.