Reasons why it’s useful to play with your children
To be encouraged to play with your children, keep in mind that it’s very useful for them. It will make them feel important to you, as well as develop their social abilities and interaction with others.
Playing with your child… Why and how?
Why should you play with your child?
- You care for your child’s hygiene and health, but that’s not enough. It’s very important that you take some time to play with them. This will make them feel important to you and strengthen your relationship.
- When your child plays alone, it boosts their imagination and creativity. But when you play with them, you help them interact and learn to build social relationships.
How to play with your child
- Go into their world: To do that, don’t impose your decisions on them, but rather let them take the initiative and choose the games and how to play them.
- Join them in their imagination too. If they want to play cook, for example, ask them to make you some dish.
- Listen to them: And interact positively with their suggestions. Ask them questions that stimulate their ability to think. For example, if they want to play with cars, ask them: “How do you get the care into the parking lot?.”
- Let them play and talk alone for some time while under your watch. This will help you find out about their mental abilities and some of his personal traits and ideas.
- Try to play with your child for 10 to 15 minutes a day. Don’t forget that the goal is to enjoy their company, not to turn the game into a teaching or educational method. They’ll notice them no longer having fun if you do.
- If you’re tired and can’t play with them, don’t avoid it completely, but try to replace it with something else. Talk to them while they’re bathing, or read some cartoon book with them before they go to sleep.