Rest is important when travelling. When travelling by car with your family, you will definitely need to stop in some places for a rest. This is important and has more benefits for you than you could imagine.
Why you should stop for a rest when travelling by car
1 For health-related reasons
- Do you travel with your husband and children by car every now and then? Then you should know that stopping somewhere for 20 minutes every two hours is very important.
- After sitting for so long on your car seat with your knees bent, you need to ensure proper blood circulation to your legs and feet to keep them from going numb.
- It’s useful if you walk a few minutes for relief.
2 To calm your children
- Children feel imprisoned when they’re in the car for long. They start getting restless or expressing discomfort by moving, screaming and fighting.
- It’s therefore important that you let them out of this cramped area every now and then. This will help them calm.
3 To make the trip more fun
- If you and your husband decide to stop somewhere every now and then while travelling, this will make the trip easier and more fun and diverse.
- This way you can also get to know new places and enjoy a diversity of landscapes.
- Stopping can keep you from feeling the boredom or tough routine that long distances entail.
- This also contributes to enhancing your mood and preventing you from feeling the stress that travel fatigue entails.
- If you want to benefit from frequent breaks when travelling with your family by car, prepare for them beforehand.
- Prepare some necessities like sandwiches, fruit pieces and natural juice boxes.
- Why not keep a ball, rackets and a jump rope in your car. Your children may want to play.
- Make sure with your husband’s help that the break is real; meaning, pick a suitable place where you can sit for some time away from the road noise and car exhaust… Stopping at a gas station is not a real opportunity to rest on a road trip. Keep this in mind.