You’re getting ready to get pregnant, but you sometimes feel stressed and worried. This isn’t helpful for reaching your goal, but don’t worry. Just do a few exercises, and you’ll relax again.
Breathing like a Baby
Did you know that breathing is the best means of getting rid of stress? It’s true!
If you haven’t tried it, this information is helpful.
- When you feel stress, you start breathing quickly.
- In this case, you breathe from your chest and feel as though your air supply has been cut off.
- If you want to get rid of this stress, learn to breathe like a baby!
- Would you like to try? It’s easy: let your stomach puff up as you inhale and hollow out fully when you exhale.
- Repeat this several times to restore your calm.
If you try this method, you will surely get rid of your feelings of stress and worry in minutes:
- All you do is take 4 sips of air in a row.
- Then hold your breath for 5 seconds.
- Finally, let the air out in 4 bursts, as well.
- If you repeat this pattern of breathing several times, you’ll feel better, of course.
If you discover that the breathing exercises are not enough, no problem! Move on to other, more effective exercises:
- Choose a position you enjoy: sitting or standing. Close your eyes gently.
- Think only about different parts of your body: your head, the top of your neck, your arms, your legs…
- Make each part of your body relax, one by one. Don’t think about anything else. For example, begin with your head, then your neck, your shoulders… until you reach your limbs.
- Does this method surprise you? It would surprise you even more if you knew that it helped get rid of worry and stress.
- How? By focusing on each part of your body while relaxing it. Try it!
- Sit or stand… whichever you prefer. Close your eyes.
- Take a deep breath and flex a part of your body, your right arm, for example, for a few seconds.
- Exhale and let your arm relax. Focus your thoughts on the process and nothing else.
- Do this exercise several times. Every time, flex part of your body.
You’ll notice that this exercise is really easy; try it if you’re feeling extremely worried or stressed.