Unforgettable Ways to Tell Your Family Members You’re Pregnant
How should you announce your pregnancy to the family?Once you find out about the happy event, you start thinking about letting your family members and relatives know. You plan to tell your husband, older child, and parents that there will be a new member of your family, but you want to do so in an extraordinary and unforgettable way. What should you do?
New Ideas for Announcing Your Pregnancy
Tell Your Husband
- To let your husband know you’re pregnant in an unexpected way, wake him up in the morning after you prepare breakfast and put something near one of the dishes that indicates your pregnancy.
- We also suggest that you prepare a video clip of some of your most special pictures. Add, at the end, the ultrasound photo that reveals your pregnancy.
- Before your husband gets home from work, you can make small banners saying things like, “Welcome home, Daddy.”
- And why not? Put the positive pregnancy test on the mirror shelf in the bathroom.
Tell Your Older Child
If you are a mother of another child, it’s not easy to tell them you’re pregnant. They may feel sad that another person will take their place in your heart. That’s what they think. So:
- Take them to visit a relative who has had more than one child. Tell them: “You see? They’re siblings. You’ll have a sibling like them.” This will make them realize that the presence of a brother or sister is normal.
- Bring them a game they’ve always wanted and tell them it’s a gift from their new sibling.
- You can also make up a story about a hero getting help from their sibling to make them realize that the presence of a sibling is important.
Tell Your Parents
- To tell your parents you’re pregnant, you can use a puzzle. During a visit to their home, ask your mother questions. Say, for example, “I’ve been feeling nauseous in the morning, and hungry, and tired.” Mention other pregnancy symptoms, and there’s no doubt she’ll get excited and start asking you questions. She might ask, for example, “Is your period late?” to find out, in the end, that she’s going to be a grandmother.
- You could also invite your mother to come visit you, and put a little plate in front of her with the ultrasound on it that revealed your pregnancy.
- It’s easy to announce your pregnancy to people close to you. Just invite them to your home and then, as a surprise, give them a few little presents, like unusually-shaped lollipops or shirts with the drawing of a child on them.
- Have them watch a video clip in which you unexpectedly announce the good news.