Tips to make cooking fun for you and your child!
How to encourage your child to help you cook? It’s important to know the answer as this activity helps develop their intelligence and concentration. So let them help you make some dishes, and try these tips.
How to make it easier for your child to help you cook
- For your child to be comfortable from the start, let them help you choose the recipe, and suggest several recipes.
- Let them go grocery shopping with you. Ask them to carry the list you prepared beforehand. This way they can know the dish’s ingredients.
- Before you start cooking, pick safe utensils to avoid harming your children while using them.
- Of course, don’t forget to wash your hands and ask them to do the same.
- Read the recipe’s steps before doing them. And explain to them some words they may not understand.
- Let your child know at the beginning and end of every step. This makes them get used to order.
- Talk to them while you’re working about the materials, their textures, flavors and colors.
- Ask your child to do certain things that aren’t beyond their abilities on their own. Don’t forget to thank them and encourage them.
Easy chocolate brownie recipe
To make this recipe with your child you will need: Two cups of oats, half a cup of grated coconut, half a cup of chocolate chips, one egg, half a cup of applesauce and a quarter of a cup of maple syrup. After getting these ingredients, divide tasks between you and your child.
You: Break the egg in a bowl and whisk it at a high speed.
Your child: Ask them to bring you the other ingredients.
You: Add the rest of the ingredients to the egg.
Your child: Ask them to mix the ingredients slowly.
You: Prepare the oven pan and cover it with parchment paper. Heat the oven to 180 C°.
Place the pan in the oven for 25 minutes. Let the brownie cool before cutting it.