Basic rules for buying a lightweight stroller
How can you successfully choose a stroller for your baby? The answer may seem quite easy, and in fact it is. However, it’s better not to buy it so hurriedly. To make the right decision, you need to bear in mind some key criteria, such as the safety and comfort of the stroller, in addition to the material it is made of and its accessories.
How to choose a baby stroller
Two basic rules
- Safety: Of course, you will not choose a stroller of a bad quality for your baby, which could put them at risk of getting hurt. Try to carefully inspect the material it is made of when buying it. Open and close it several times to ensure it is of a good quality, and watch out for the strength of its straps. Also make sure its weight is convenient for you to carry with your baby in it.
- Comfort: Don’t rush into buying this stroller before making sure it is comfortable in terms of space. It’s important that your baby feels comfortable both sitting and lying. Don’t forget to check the flooring and the pillow, which should be made from materials that won’t irritate your baby or make them feel hot.
Before choosing the stroller that you’ll carry your baby in during their first months after birth, make sure you follow these tips too:
- Don’t forget that the stroller may get dirty with time. Try to find a washable kind.
- If you want your baby to be happy in their stroller, choose one with a front arch you can hang a musical mobile from.
- Remember that you can use your lightweight stroller from the time of your baby’s birth and up to their eighth month. It’s better not to keep them in it for over an hour and a half at a time; their motor development requires being in different places and in front of different sceneries.
- You can put your baby in the stroller after they have eaten; as lying in it helps stimulate their digestion and prevents annoying acid reflux back to their esophagus.