Tips to match your style to your personality
How can you choose the right clothes for your personality? The answer isn’t so hard. All you have to do is know your personal traits and find matching clothes.
How to pick clothes that match your personality
1 You’re shy
- You’re shy. This means you don’t value yourself fully and you judge your appearance negatively often.
- This is why you may choose clothes that don’t show your style You may be trying to hide behind your clothes, which is why they are often wide and dark.
- However, watch out, this may hinder your development in social and work relationships.
- Useful tip: Don’t focus on dark colors, and add other colors to your closet. For example, choose navy blue or nude colors. They add a touch of strength to your style, especially in the workplace.
- You don’t have to wear clothes in bright colors like red or orange, as they completely contradict with your personality.
2 You’re different and strong
- To be different is to do the unfamiliar and unconventional without caring for other people’s opinions.
- So you’ll wear clothes that have unusual designs and strange styles. You may also dare to add many colors to your look.
- It’s not a mistake to follow this style in your daily life. It reflects your fun and bold personality.
- However, be careful and don’t depend on it in the workplace. In this case, you should choose practical clothes like a black, crimson red or navy blue dress.
- You can also buy straight cut skirts and dresses or culotte pants… and choose them in white, beige, khaki, brown,…
- However, you can wear colorful accessories that, like a yellow necklace or light blue bag. This will add a to your practical look a touch of your extraordinary personality.
3 You’re a classic
- This means you follow some rules and don’t like to break them. So you’re traditional even in your clothes.
- So you’ll usually choose clothes in dark or unhappy colors, like white, nude, or beige. You also prefer very familiar designs.
- However, you should add some modern touches to your look. Buy clothes that are not loose made from smooth fabrics. For example, wear a multi-layer dress, straight pants, tight skirts with protruding pockets,… Avoid those with completely straight cuts.