It’s not easy to maintain your calm when you’re a mom. You have to meet your children’s demands and do all the housework. It’s not easy, but it isn’t very difficult, either. It’s possible to get rid of anxiety if you change a few of your habits and pick up a few new ones.
- Do Breathing Exercises
There’s no need to scream if your kids argue or if a household appliance breaks. Just breathe.
- Inhale for four seconds.
- Hold your breath, then exhale as much as possible.
- Repeat this process several times; it will allow you to control your stress.
- Focus on Yourself
- When you wake up in the morning or before going to bed at night, sit in your room in the quiet and think only about yourself.
- Or lie down and think about something that made you angry, then look at it in a positive light. If your child cries to get something, don’t get angry; imitate them and laugh; it will make the situation less stressful.
- Or set aside some time for yourself and perhaps go out with your friends.
- Share Your Children’s Time
You place importance on everything related to your children, but you don’t spend a lot of time with them. So:
- Try to play, prepare food, or get some exercise with them; it will make you feel less anxious.
- Go out with them; this will allow them to play and you to get some air.
- Get Rid of the Idea of “Supermom”
You can’t do everything by yourself; you’re not Superwoman.
- Ask your husband for help with a few things.
- Stop trying to be perfect. One person can’t accomplish everything perfectly.
- Every so often, stop in your race against time and rest for five minutes before you start the next thing.
Our Advice to You
- If you are doing work, try to focus your thoughts on what you’re doing. Thinking about tasks to be performed later will only make you tense and could even reach the level of depression.
- Postpone some errands. This is not considered negative behavior if your daily schedule is packed.