Here are some foods that decrease your chances of pregnancy
There are some foods that won’t help if you’re planning on getting pregnant, and which, therefore, you’ll need to avoid. You may not take this seriously, but you definitely will if you’re familiar with these foods’ harmful effects on your fertility. It is, therefore, better to get to know them and to add certain drinks that should be avoided to that list when planning for pregnancy.
Planning on getting pregnant? Avoid these foods
- Do you like canned food? Don’t hesitate to let it go when planning for a successful pregnancy. Most of it contains a substance called “Bisphenol A” that weaken your fertility.
- It’s, therefore, best to avoid canned food before pregnancy and during the first 3 months specifically.
Certain kinds of fish
- As you know, fish is healthy because it contains beneficial omega 3 fatty acids. But you’ll have to be careful when planning your pregnancy; some kinds, especially large ones, are high on mercury.
- Try to stop eating these types of fish long before pregnancy, as mercury could stay in your body for a whole year and cause impaired fertility.
- Go for small fish, like sardine, herring, in addition to salmon.
- Try to eat less foods that are rich in sugar; its concentration in your blood could cause disorders in your hormones, which play a key role in pregnancy.
- You should also avoid artificial sweeteners as much as you can, such as Aspartame, as they weakens your ovulation.
Other harmful foods
- Avoid Raw or undercooked eggs if you’re getting ready to conceive; it could contain harmful salmonella bacteria. You’ll also have to avoid mayonnaise and tiramisu.
- Unpasteurized dairy products: avoid them as much as possible, as they could contain harmful listeria bacteria.
- Of course, you’ll have to avoid sushi and other dishes that contain raw fish.
- Drinks rich in caffeine: if you’re a coffee lover, you won’t have to stop drinking it entirely if you’re planning on getting pregnant. But it’s better to limit yourself to 2 cups a day maximum.
- Energy drinks: be careful if you want to get pregnant. They contain caffeine as well as harmful additives that weaken your fertility.