Your child wakes up several times during the night… Why?
Do you know why your child always wakes up during the night? There are various causes. To know them, you have to monitor your child, as they are still in their early months and cannot express their needs other than crying. So try to pick up the signs that tell you what’s troubling them.
Problems that wakes up your child during the night
- If your child has yet to be 6 months of age and still wakes up during the night, then you would better not worry and try to find the cause. First, try to determine if the problem has accompanied the child since birth or not.
- If your child continues to frequently wake up during the night although they have reached their 7th month of age, then that mostly alludes to the fact that their sleep patterns are not regular yet, and that they need more time. So give them more time.
- In any case, keep an eye on them, as waking up during the night might be accompanied with fever. And that indicates that the child has a certain problem. For example, that might mean that the child is teething.
- Remember also that children might sometimes wake up due to acid reflux. In this case, all you have to do is to monitor them during daytime, and specially after feeding. Frequent vomiting is a sign that might help you in discovering the cause.
- The problem might come down to a simpler cause. Children wake up sometimes during the night due to hunger. That usually occurs with children over the age of 6 months, since they sleep quickly. If this applies to your child, try to feed them and you’ll notice in this case how they will go back to sleep.
- If none of these causes apply to your child, then pay close attention to other important details. Frequent waking up during the night might be linked to other factors, such as moving to another house, or separating from you when you go back to work after the maternity leave is over,… Therefore, the child needs to feel safe. Sit by their side for a few minutes and play with their hair until they fall asleep.
- If you have considered all of the possible solutions but the child continues to wake up during the night, it is better to consult a doctor, who might discover different causes thus help you find a solution.