5 reasons to make crafts with your child
Crafts… Are they important for your child? Of course they are. Which is why it’s important that you join them in making them. Reasons for that are various, including that they boost their creativity, concentration, comprehension and exploration abilities.
Reasons to join your child in making crafts
1 Develop their creativity
- Crafts boost your child’s imagination. They also push them to think and create.
- For example, when they use play-doh, they try to build shapes of their own creation and imagination.
- They also translate their ideas artistically when they draw…
- These crafts can also boost their confidence, especially if you look impressed by what they did. This will make them want to impress you more by more creations.
2 Boost their concentration
- Your child needs to use both their mind and their hands to make crafts.
- To achieve harmony between the two, they’ll have to concentrate.
3 Boost their memory
- You can resort to crafts to help boost your child’s memory and comprehension.
- For example, ask them to draw a flower or a tree, or to make a certain shape with play-doh.
- This will push them to remember the shape of the flower or tree to imitate it on paper or using play-doh.
4 Boost their exploration skills
- When your child is making crafts, they use different materials like paper, cardboard and play-doh…
- This boosts their sensory exploration In this case, they can distinguish between the nature of materials and colors.
- So try to always suggest that they use new materials, but make sure they’re safe to use.
5 Control their reactions
- Keep in mind that crafts can sponge your child’s anger and adverse reactions.
- They also help your child direct their energy towards something useful.
- In addition, they give your child an opportunity to calm down by focusing on their work.