Your growing belly during pregnancy results in pressure on your spine; this is the source of the back pain you feel. But you can get rid of this pain if you practice these easy exercises.
To be able to lighten the pain in your back during your pregnancy, practice stretching regularly.
- Sit down on a comfortable chair.
- Gently and slowly bend the upper part of your body to the left.
- Then bend the same part of your body to the right.
- Repeat this process around 15 times. Practice the same exercise two to three times daily.
- Stand, holding a towel between your hands.
- Stretch your arms in front of you.
- Separate your hands, placing one on each end of the towel.
- Bend your knees a little.
- Raise the towel up and exhale from the chest.
- Lower it slowly, inhaling.
- Stand with your back to the wall and lean against a large, light, soft exercise ball pressed against the wall.
- Press the middle of your back against the ball, and gently and slowly move up and down, rolling the ball along the wall.
- Or lie on your back and place your legs on the ball.
- Push the ball forward and back gently. This will help your back and thighs relax.
Your neck cramps may be the reason you’re in pain. To get rid of them:
- Stretch out on your back.
- Stretch your hands out parallel to your body and bend your knees.
- Gently draw an English figure 8 with your nose.
- Do this for one minute every day; it will help you relax in a short time.
- Kneel and place your hands on the ground.
- Move your pelvis gently up and down.
- This exercise will decrease the pressure on different areas in your back and will make your muscles more capable of bearing the baby’s weight.
So as to not feel back pain during your pregnancy, it is helpful to follow this advice:
- Wear solid, flat, comfortable shoes. Avoid high heels.
- Sleep on your side; fold your knees, and place a pillow between them.
- Wear your maternity belt; it helps relieve the pressure your belly is putting on your back.
- Enjoy a hot bath. It will help you relax and get rid of painful cramps.