Your due date is getting close. You want the stress to go away, at least temporarily, so you decide to have a baby shower. But you need to know that you can organize it at the lowest cost possible.
If you want to organize a baby shower at a low cost, follow these tips:
- Invite close relatives and friends to the shower.
- Send invitations via email to avoid paying for printing, envelopes and shipping.
- Or take care of this using social media: Facebook or WhatsApp, for example.
- Don’t hire an event management company.
- Figure out how to decorate the party space using websites.
- Choose your theme and learn how to decorate with construction paper, streamers and balloons… Don’t forget the glue!
- Make streamers from crepe paper. Choose colours that fit the sex of your baby: blue for a boy and pink for a girl.
- Add paintings and decorations from around the house to the party décor.
To prepare a special party table for the baby shower:
- Decorate the table with a tablecloth made of crepe paper, for example. Decorate it with stickers that fit your party theme or choose a colour that fits the sex of your baby.
- Get plates, cups, and spoons that you can throw away after use; they’re not expensive.
- Present food to your guests that is easy to make at home.
- Don’t hesitate to invite them to prepare some food in their homes.
- Don’t forget to prepare fruit juice in your kitchen.
- Remember the ice cream. You can ask one of your relatives to bring it.
- Make a seasonal fruit salad.
- Make a quick cake. Decorate it with slices of your favourite fruit.
To throw a baby shower that suits you and your child, without spending a lot of money:
- Let your guests enjoy themselves casually.
- Or come up with some inexpensive games.
- Secretly measure the circumference of your belly and have each guest try to guess what it is. The guest with the number closest to the correct one wins.
- Invite them to play the game “Who Can Drink the Fastest?” and have each guest try to drink her juice in the shortest period possible.
- You could also try the game of guessing what a dish is just by taste, without looking at it.